This 24-hour time-lapse of downtown Lawrence, Kan. captures Massachusettes Street from midnight of May 10 to midnight of May 11, 2007. Here is how the project unfolded:
- Mount the camera on a tripod on the roof of a store downtown.
- Set the camera as an intervalometer to take one picture every minute for 24-hours.
- Make the camera fire remotely, using pocket wizards.
- Set the camera on P-mode. Set the white balance to cloudy.
- Triple check your settings and mount, leave the camera on, wrap everything in plastic, and walk away.
- Walk by at midnight and trip the camera mounted about 50-feet above the sidewalk using the remote trigger.
- Come back the next day and collect your gear and completed time lapse.
- Load the frames as a sequence into Quicktime Pro, and export to your desktop.